The Practice will be closed on the following days:
Good Friday Fri, 15 Apr 2022
Easter Monday Mon, 18 Apr 2022
Early May Bank Holiday Mon, 2 May 2022
Spring Bank Holiday Thu, 2 Jun 2022
Platinum Jubilee bank holiday Fri, 3 Jun 2022
Summer Bank Holiday Mon, 29 Aug 2022
Boxing Day Mon, 26th Dec 2022
Christmas Day Tue, 27th Dec 2022
FOR MEDICAL ADVICE WHEN WE ARE CLOSED CALL –
BETWEEN 13:00 PM AND 6.30PM ON 24TH AND 31ST DECEMBER 2021
DIAL 0121 415 2090
AT ALL OTHER TIMES (OVERNIGHT, WEEKENDS, BANK HOLIDAYS)
DIAL 111 IF
• You need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency
• You don’t know who to call for medical help or you don’t have a GP to call
• you think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service
• You require health information or reassurance about what to do next
Further information about Bank Holidays in England and Wales
The surgery opening times are currently:
Monday – 08:30 – 12:30 14:00 to 18:30
Tuesday – 08:30 – 12:30 14:00 to 18:30
Wednesday – 08:30 – 12:30 14.00 to 16:30
Thursday – 08:30 – 12:30 14:00 to 19:15
Friday – 08:30 – 12:30 14:00 to 18:30
Due to the corona virus outbreak, how you contact us will be different at the moment. This is to limit face-to-face contact whenever possible and help stop the spread of corona virus.
Your GP practice is open and if you need to see your GP, please ring us on 0121 4658188 or visit our website .You can also call NHS 111. Please do not come to the surgery unless you have an appointment.
West Heath Primary Care Centre is a member of My Healthcare and can offer evening and weekend face to face GP, Nurse and Healthcare Assistant appointments from Burbury, Fernbank, Fernley, Harborne, River Brook and West Heath Hubs. The extended hours appointments will be booked by our reception staff as usual, however, patients will be seen at whichever Hub is the most convenient for them.
The addresses of the five Hubs, including telephone numbers if you need to cancel or change your appointment, are:-
- Burbury Medical Centre, 311 Burbury Street, Birmingham, B19 1TT. Appointment cancellation telephone number: 07424 041608
- Fernbank Medical Centre, 508-516 Alum Rock Road, Birmingham, B8 3HX. Appointment cancellation telephone number: 0121 326 3600
- Fernley Medical Centre, 560 Stratford Road, Birmingham, B11 4AN. Appointment cancellation telephone number: 07561 109028
- Harborne Medical Practice, 4 York Street, Birmingham, B17 0HG. Appointment cancellation telephone number: 0121 427 5246
- River Brook Medical Centre, 3 River Brook Drive, Birmingham, B30 2SH. Appointment cancellation telephone number: 0121 433 8910
- West Heath Medical Centre, 194-196 West Heath Road, Birmingham, B31 3HB. Appointment cancellation telephone number: 0121 483 2122
We are also able to offer our patients telephone consultations with either a GP or pharmacist based in MyHealthcare’s Virtual Hub at West Heath Medical Centre. The call will be booked by our reception staff for a time that is convenient to you.
Please ask a member of our staff if you would like further information.
When We Are Closed
Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
In case of urgent need when the practice is closed please dial 111 after 6.30 pm on weekdays, weekends and Bank Holidays
Dial 0121 4152090 before 6.30 pm on all weekdays when practice is closed
URGENT TREATMENT CENTRES can now only be accessed via an appointment system, booked by NHS111. Patients can no longer access a ‘walk-in’ service, without an appointment.
Please call 111 or visit online at https://111.nhs.uk
NHS 111 online
Other ways to contact 111 if you have a hearing problem or need help in other languages.
Here is an updated list of the 6 Urgent Treatment Centre’s within the Birmingham & Solihull area that NHS111 has access too:
South Birmingham GP Urgent Treatment Centre (“Katie Road”)
15 Katie Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham, B29 6JG.
Opening times: Monday – Sunday 8:00 – 20:00
Warren Farm Urgent Treatment Centre
Warren Farm Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B44 0PU
Opening times: Monday – Sunday 8:00 – 19:00
Erdington Urgent Treatment Centre
Stockland Green Primary Care Centre
192 Reservoir Road
Erdington B23 6DJ
Opening times: Monday – Sunday 10:30 – 22:30
Washwood Heath Urgent Treatment Centre
Clodeshall Road, Washwood Heath , Birmingham, West Midlands, B8 3SN
Opening times: Monday – Sunday 09:00 – 20:30
Birmingham NHS Urgent Treatment Centre (“Boots”)
Lower Ground Floor, Boots The Chemists Ltd, 66 High Street , Birmingham, West Midlands, B4 7TA
Opening times: Monday – Friday 8:00 – 18:00
Saturday: 9:00 – 17:00
Sunday 11:00 – 15:00
Solihull Urgent Treatment Centre
Hurst Lane Clinic, 62 Hurst Lane
Birmingham B36 0EY
Opening times: Monday – Sunday 10:30 – 22:30