The surgery opening times are currently:
Monday – 08:30 – 12:30 14:00 to 18:30
Tuesday – 08:30 – 12:30 14:00 to 18:30
Wednesday – 08:30 – 12:30 14.00 to 16:30
Thursday – 08:30 – 12:30 14:00 to 19:15
Friday – 08:30 – 12:30 14:00 to 18:30
(Please note that telephone lines are closed between 8.30 and 8.45 every weekday morning and between 12.30 and 2.30pm every weekday afternoon)
West Heath Primary Care Centre is a member of My Healthcare and can offer evening and weekend face to face GP, Nurse and Healthcare Assistant appointments from Burbury, Fernbank, Fernley, Harborne, River Brook and West Heath Hubs. The extended hours appointments will be booked by our reception staff as usual, however, patients will be seen at whichever Hub is the most convenient for them.
The addresses of the five Hubs, including telephone numbers if you need to cancel or change your appointment, are:-
- Burbury Medical Centre, 311 Burbury Street, Birmingham, B19 1TT. Appointment cancellation telephone number: 07424 041608
- Fernbank Medical Centre, 508-516 Alum Rock Road, Birmingham, B8 3HX. Appointment cancellation telephone number: 0121 326 3600
- Fernley Medical Centre, 560 Stratford Road, Birmingham, B11 4AN. Appointment cancellation telephone number: 07561 109028
- Harborne Medical Practice, 4 York Street, Birmingham, B17 0HG. Appointment cancellation telephone number: 0121 427 5246
- River Brook Medical Centre, 3 River Brook Drive, Birmingham, B30 2SH. Appointment cancellation telephone number: 0121 433 8910
- West Heath Medical Centre, 194-196 West Heath Road, Birmingham, B31 3HB. Appointment cancellation telephone number: 0121 483 2122
We are also able to offer our patients telephone consultations with either a GP or pharmacist based in MyHealthcare’s Virtual Hub at West Heath Medical Centre. The call will be booked by our reception staff for a time that is convenient to you.
Please ask a member of our staff if you would like further information.
When We Are Closed
Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
When the practice is closed please call the surgery on usual number (0121 4658188) and you will be directed to the out of hours service. Please do not ask to see a doctor out of hours unless you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In case of urgent need when the practice is closed please dial 111.
Patients can visit South Birmingham Walk in Centre at
15 Katie Road
Open 8 AM to 8 PM everyday ( No appointments Necessary)